Training and development is a function of human resource management concerned with organizational activity aimed at bettering the performance of individuals and groups in organizational settings. It has been known by several names, including “human resource development”, and “learning and development”. Corporate training programs at Lingua Franca Language Academy involve formal or informal education programs designed to improve the skills of executives or workers. It can take the form of teaching a worker to fit into a new job, or it can be designed to improve skills for workers who are already on the job. The benefits employers expect to achieve commonly include increased revenues produced by more highly trained or motivated employees, along with improvements in employee recruitment and retention.
Corporate Training at Lingua Franca :
- At Lingua Franca we train professionals in conventional class room style conducted by experienced or professional educators with state of the art technology. Short seminars or formal courses are held at the company or within the institute.
- We prepare an employee for a future position, such as a transfer to a position that already exists, or an employee working toward an MBA or a professional training in order to qualify for a promotion.
Trends in Corporate Training
Some current trends in corporate training that we follow include:
- Computer-based training: Online training or self-study can be used in conjunction with classroom instruction.
- Personalized training: We design personal development plans for individual employees rather than teaching large groups through one-size-fits-all training packages. The method allows us to incorporate training that interests them. Like for example giving Personality Development Training.
- Just-in-time training: This refers to the concept that training is most effective when an employee can put it to use quickly. Like for example giving Personal Interview Training just before an interview.
- Corporate training is a means of ensuring that employees improve skills and enhance performance by focusing on professional development. Many corporations consider it key to provide training and development so that employees can compete on their behalf in ever-changing markets.
- One area of corporate training found at almost every company is computer training. Technology demands employees stay abreast of software changes and advancements, there are frequent changes to a program, employees must go through additional corporate training to learn how to maneuver through new features and functions.